What are the benefits of Chromotherapy and the different colors?
Chromotherapy is also known as color therapy. Our bodies need the sun’s light to live. And that light can actually be broken down into a seven color spectrum. Chromotherapy is the science of using colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony. Each color possesses frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms.
Color and light have been utilized by healers for thousands of years. Color therapy possibly has roots in Indian medicine (Ayurveda), ancient Egyptian culture and traditional Chinese healing.
Here are the colors and their benefits:
- Red is believed to increase the pulse, raise blood pressure and increase the rate of breathing. Red would be applied to support circulatory and nervous functions.
- Strong pink acts as a cleanser, strengthening veins and arteries.
- Pink activates and eliminates impurities in the blood stream.
- Orange is a mixture of red and yellow. Activates and eliminates localized fat. Assists with asthma and bronchitis
- Strong yellow strengthens the body and activates internal tissues.
- Yellow, the brightest color used in chromotherapy, has been used to purify the skin, help with indigestion, strengthen the nervous system, treat glandular diseases, hepatitis and lymphatic disorders and assist metabolism.
- Green, a color associated with harmony, provides a neutral, positive calming effect.
- Strong green provides anti-infectious, anti-septic and regenerative stimulation.
- Strong blue lubricates joints, helps address stress, nervous tension and infections.
- Blue promotes relaxation and calm. Blue exhibits tranquilizing qualities often used to relieve headaches and migraines, colds, stress, nervous tension, rheumatism, stomach pains, muscle cramps and liver disorders. Blue is thought to have a positive effect on all kinds of pain.
- Indigo is used to address conditions involving the eyes, ears and nose. It has a calming, sedative effect.
- Violet is used to calm the nervous system, soothe organs and relax muscles. Violet has meditative qualities and is often used to treat conditions of the lymphatic system and spleen, as well as urinary disorders and psychosis.
← Frequently Asked Questions